How to fix the B200 Error on a Canon MX870 Printer
I recently had a B200 Error problem with my Canon MX870 printer. It worked fine one minute and the next minute, it didn’t. I discovered the problem when I went to scan a document and got a B200 Error. It’s crazy that a print head problem will prevent the unit from doing non-print functions and Canon needs to reconsider this operation. Here’s what you may have tried so far that did not work for me.
- Turn the printer off and back on
- Unplug the printer, wait 10-15 minutes for it to cool down then plug it back in and turn it on
- Take the print cartridges out, remove the print head, clean it, replace it, replace the cartridges, turn it back on
- Repeatedly turn the printer off and then back on quickly
- Hold down the Copy, Fax, Scan, and Card buttons while pressing the ON button
- Voltage test the power supply
- Take the print cartridge out, wash it, dry it, let it dry overnight, replace it, and turn the printer back on
Here’s what worked for me in fixing the B200 Error.
1. I had one cartridge that was very low on ink and I replaced it. If you don’t have any ink cartridges that are low on ink, you can skip this step.
2. Turn the printer off.
3. Open the printer up to access the print cartridges but don’t remove any.
4. Grab hold of the ink assembly and slide it all the way to the left. You have to do this manually.
5. With the top still up, press the ON button 5 times rapidly in succession then lower the lid.
6. The printer will turn on and you need to wait for the printer to finish its initialization.
7. Presto! No B200 Error.
I hope this works for you, as it did for me, in resolving the B200 Error.
How to fix the B200 Error on a Canon MX870 PrinterShare your opinion!
Share your opinion!