How to Choose the Best Web Designer
So, you’ve finally decided that your company needs a web site. What do you do? Because we are talking about your “online business image”, you will need to either figure out how to design it yourself, or find a professional to do it for you. Do you already have web design experience? If so, do you have time to run your business and build a quality site? If not, you will need to hire someone to build it. Remember, we are talking about your business’ image here. If you’ve never had a web site professionally designed before, there is quite a bit to consider if you plan on your website achieving any level of success. You will need to do some research to find the right web design person or company for you.
Regardless of the site you want to develop, to be successful your site must center around these three points :
* The design must look professional
* It must be easy to navigate
* It must be optimized so that it gets good positioning in the search engines
To achieve the design goals, I’ve got good news and bad news.
First, the bad news. There are numerous design companies to choose from and many of them offer a large variety of services and pricing models. Some of them focus on small businesses and some focus their efforts in certain niches, for example church web sites.
The good news is you can make this process easier by following a few simple points and asking lots of questions..
The first thing you need to decide on is a budget to have your site built. Keep in mind that if you’ve never had one built before, your budget may need to be a bit flexible. Next, you will need to make a list of exactly what you want your site to do. Because every site is different you will want to have a firm grip on what you want your site to do before you start calling to make inquiries with design companies. Here are some things you will need to decide on before you call :
* Is your site going to be selling something (product or service)?
* Will your website be collecting information that requires a database?
* Do you already have website hosting?
* Do you a domain name picked out or already registered?
* How do you want your customers to contact you (phone, contact form, direct email)?
* Do you have any idea how many pages your site will need?
* Are there any particular or unique features you want on your site that you feel are important to your site’s success?
* Are there any sites that you’ve visited that have a design or features that you like?
Being prepared and having a good idea of the site you want will go a long way in assisting you in finding the right web designer for your site.
If you need a design company that has experience designing quality sites for small businesses and non-profit organizations that are optimized to rank well in the search engines contact MarketWorx. They are easy to work with, professional, and offer affordable services.